Set up, operate and tend machines to mix or blend materials in making candles.
- Weigh or measure materials, ingredients, and products to ensure conformance to requirements
- Start machines to mix or blend ingredients: then allow them to mix for specified times.
- Dump or pour specified amounts of materials into machinery and equipment
- Observe production and monitor equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation
- Stop mixing or blending machines when specified product qualities are obtained, and open valves and start pumps to transfer mixtures.
- Add or mix chemicals and ingredients for processing, using hand tools or other devices.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Communicate with mixers from other shifts.
- Work with the QA department to insure quality standards are met.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Background Requirements:
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift certification helpful but not required
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds required.
- Remain standing during shift
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Technical Services, Manufacturing
Shifts: M - TH, 1st Shift 5:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m. Monday - Thursday
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: Not Specified
Manages Others: No
Industry: Consumer Products, Manufacturing
Required Travel: Not Specified
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associate with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the Company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technological developments).
I have carefully read and understand the contents of this job description. I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me. I also understand that this job description does not constitute a contract of employment nor alter my status as an at-will employee. I have the right to terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, the Company has a similar right.