The Human Resource Generalist performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, affirmative action and employment equity program, benefits management, and payroll functions. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Full life-cycle recruiting for all positions.
- Ensures all pre-employment screening processes are fulfilled.
- Administer Payroll on a weekly basis.
- Ensure New Hire Orientation is effectively executed as well as conduct portions of the New Hire Orientation/Paperwork.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Ensures compliance with I-9 Employment Eligibility Verifications; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Administer COBRA and FMLA processes.
- Monitors employee eligibility for benefits plans. Review benefits with employees and process enrollment, cancellation or changes. Organizes and manages annual open enrollment communications and election process. Maintains and distributes list of new and cancelled employees under each benefit plan. Verifies benefit billing accuracy and processes for payment.
- Prepare daily labor report.
- Assist with employee/personnel projects, training and benefits administration.
- Support the company wide Safety Program.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers’ compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Computer entry, prepare documents, electronic and paper file maintenance.
- Assist with arranging celebrations/functions for the employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent 4 plus years of HR experience.
- Must maintain strict confidence on all personnel related information.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and payroll programs.
- Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to communicate with all levels of employees throughout the company.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands & fingers, handle, or feel and use a computer. The employee frequently is required to talk, hear and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a computer monitor. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. There are times the employee will be required to walk through the production, receiving, and shipping areas which will require the use of protective eye wear.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Human Resources
Shifts: M - F, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent 4 plus years of HR experience.
Manages Others: No
Industry: Consumer Products, Manufacturing
Required Travel: N/A
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associate with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the Company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technological developments).